In the ongoing debate over in-house vs. outsourcing, there's no simple answer. One takeaway that stands out, however, is that technology has improved the odds for in-house printing. Here's what we've learned.
1. We're still in love with print.
There's no denying that digital alternatives to print are everywhere, and adoption is no longer in question. Nonetheless, customers still love printed materials, and when combined with your company's online presence, the results can be very good indeed. Print also still maintains high regard in the workplace, and many companies prefer print for crucial business processes.
2. Quality is a top consideration.
Poorly presented customer-facing materials send the wrong message, and in the debate over in-house vs. outsourcing, quality is perhaps the most important consideration.
When bringing your organization's printing requirements in-house, keep in mind that your results will only be as good as your equipment. Fortunately, today's digital imaging equipment is second-to-none, and in-house solutions are more affordable and user-friendly than ever before. Consider these outstanding options:
- Laser printers — Print internal documents quickly and reliably on one sleek device.
- Multifunction copiers — Print, copy, scan, fax and bring professional finishing features in-house.
- Wide format printers — Stand out from the crowd with larger-than-life wide format documents.
- Production printing — For in-house production-level printing, these high-capacity printers deliver outstanding results.
3. Cost matters.
Any in-house vs. outsourcing debate must include a cost analysis. Your equipment provider can help you determine a strategy that's best for your budget and your printing requirements.
Where do you stand on the in-house vs. outsourcing debate? At Liberty Business Systems, we understand how important your equipment is to your success. For help weighing your options, get in touch with us at Liberty Business Systems today!